When snow storms hit the Catskill, Cairo and Leeds New York areas you will need a professional snow removal and ice management company to maintain your parking areas and walkways. Keeping these areas free of snow and de-icing as needed provides safety and accessibility for you and your family.
Professional snow plowing contractors will insure your needs are met, including maintaining your property during a storm so that it is accessible. Snow and ice management company's work in dangerous conditions,including driving and working in severe winter advisories, subfreezing temperatures, power outages, blowing/drifting snow, blizzard conditions and driver fatigue after being awake for numerous hours and operating in dangerous conditions. Many times contractors are called away from there family's on holidays too i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years to service there clients property.
Professional snow & ice management contractors in Catskill, Leeds and the Cairo, NY areas will have a process in place for responding to snow and/or ice events, including having equipment ready, routes scheduled, and a plan to coordinate all equipment to necessary areas.
Consumer tips for hiring a Catskill, South Cairo, Cairo or Leeds, New York snow plowing, snow removal and ice management contractor for your home or business in 12451, 12414, 12413, 12482 and the surrounding area.
- Does the service provider carry proper insurance? Including workers compensation, general liability, commercial auto and a snow plowing endorsement? Kellogg's Painting will gladly provide an insurance certificate from our agent at your request. If the contractor is not insured there bid should not be considered, as you should consider the cost to you if anything should happen on your property and your snow plowing company is uninsured.
- How long has the snow and ice management contractor been in business? Kellogg's Painting was established in January 2007. Look for a contractor that is knowledgeable and keeps current on changes in products, equipment and technology. You don't want to hire a fly by night person whom may not be in business the next week.
- How will the contractor handle a high accumulation storm? Kellogg's Painting continues to plow out your driveway during a storm, so it can be accessed if you need to or have an emergency. We do not wait until snow has accumulated so much that your driveway is not accessible.
- How will the contractor maintain your property if there equipment breaks down? Kellogg's Painting has more than one snow plowing truck and other equipment that is ready to go when needed.
- Get an estimate in writing? A professional contractor will visit the job site and note any obstacles that could be damaged, note there approach to your specific project, address your specific needs and any concerns you may have. The estimate should include exactly what will be done, exact prices and NY Sales Tax should also be included clearly defined on a separate line per law. If Sales Tax is not included then the contractor is probably working illegally.
- Does the contractor use contracts? A contract should be provided, so the plowing company and customer are on the same page. It should clearly define the level of service provided, exact cost, any options and payment terms.
Professional snow and ice management providers may not be the lowest bidder, but remember that they are:
- Paying insurance, payroll, payroll taxes, overhead and reinvesting into there business.
- Committed to service and quality
- Keeping equipment operable and purchasing the necessary products to maintain there accounts.